Thursday, January 14, 2010

A normal day...

A completely average day in our house:

  • Alysa informed me that at 8:30 she still had 7 pages of homework due that morning (school starts at 9:00). Last night she told me she was done.
  • Ady starts freaking out at Alysa because she was worried that Alysa was going to make them late for school. Seriously - full on anxiety attack.
  • As we are getting ready to leave Ady starts freaking out because she can't find her backpack anywhere. She set it on the stairs only a few minutes earlier so someone else must have moved it. We found it in the bathroom. She yells at Alysa for hiding it. I tell her that it is quite possible she took it in there when she went to the bathroom a few seconds earlier. She isn't convinced.
  • Brylee started crying because she didn't want to get out of bed. How is she ever going to be able to go to school this fall???
  • Drove all the way across town to the golf store with two small children to buy the perfect present for Brian. I took the wrong exit twice, got lost once, almost got in a wreck (not my fault!), but made it home in time to get the kids from school.
  • Alysa informed me that my singing voice is ALMOST as good as hers.
  • Ady informed me that, in her opinion (her exact words), she is smarter than me when I was her age a LONG time ago.
  • Brylee told me that she loves me more than ice cream.
  • Found out the club I went to hell and back for is left handed - to my credit it said it was right handed. I know nothing about golf, so I assumed it was.
  • Yelled at the girls for having a "clothes fight" with all the clean clothes that were suppose to be folding.
  • AFTER cutting up all the veggies for chicken soup, I discovered that I had no chicken in the freezer.
  • Brian calls and says he is going to be home late because he got an emergency service call. Good thing the veggie soup was ready a half hour before he called.
  • Alysa and Ady, together, google "how to stop fighting with your sister". Really? If they can stop fighting long enough to google it together, then why can't they just stop fighting, period?
  • At bedtime Alysa informs me that her toothbrush has been missing for a week, so she has been sharing with Ady. Gross!!!
  • I am out cold by 9:00.

Dang! How is it possible for our lives to be so exciting, and unexciting at the same time???

No comments: