Friday, January 29, 2010

Brian's Birthday

Brian's 32nd birthday was on January 14th. He had been wanting this cool new golf driver for a couple of months, and talked about it with his golfing buddies non-stop. I don't golf, so I have no idea what is so cool about it, but I hopped the van and drove across town to get it for him anyway.

It was not a fun journey. First of all, the golf store that carried the driver was all the way across town. I hate driving across town, especially with two little kids in the car. Then, I took the wrong exit, and got lost. Luckily I have a navigation system on my cell phone, so all I had to do is pull over and look up the directions. When I finally found the store, I realized that it would probably take me all day to find the stupid club. But, for the first time ever, luck was with me and the golf club had just went on sale and was in a special display right next to the door. On the way home I almost got into a wreck (not my fault!) and took the wrong exit again. But I made it - with the club!

I was so excited to give Brian his present that I couldn't wait. I gave it to him that night. He was super excited about it! I was quite proud of myself, until Brian asked for the receipt. Apparently, it was a left handed golf club so he had to exchange it. I think I still deserve credit for trying!

Brylee wanted to get Brian a present that was just from her. She thought about it forever and finally decided that she wanted to buy him his own pillow, with his name on it, so that he would stop stealing her new one that she got for Christmas. So we headed to Walmart, and got a pillow, pillowcase, and some iron on transfer computer paper. Brylee was even nice enough to let the pillow be a gift from "all the kids".




No comments: