Well, I guess that it is the time of year to review how I did on last years resolutions, and make some new ones for this year.
First the review... I really had only a couple of goals last year year. One was to maintain the weight that I lost in 2008. I have done really well with that one. I have managed to stay between 130 - 135 lbs. I didn't keep up with running 3x a week, like I wanted too. When I did really stick to running, I got down to 125 lbs. but, found that for my height (5'8") that was a little to thin. It made me tired all the time.
My second big goal was to read 24 books during 2009. I didn't quite reach that one. But I did pretty well - I read 18!
New goals for this year:
1) Get into shape. I really need to get back into exercising at least 3x a week. I am thinking of doing 2x a week of cardio (running, walking, or biking) and 1x a week of strength training/toning (weights or pilates or yoga). I really need a kick in my butt to get me going on this goal, since I am seriously lacking the motivation.
2) Go back to school. I always said that I was going to go back and finish my teaching degree as soon a all the kids are in school. Well, Brylee starts kindergarten this year (Sad! She is getting so BIG!). So it is time to go back. I am just going to start out part time through CSN taking online courses. I want to have my associates complete (I only need two classes), all my credits that I need to retake (my maths are too old for UNLV's teaching program requirements), and all my prerequisites done by fall of 2011 so that when Bry is in school full time, I can start the teaching program full time. I should be teaching on an internship by fall of 2012! woohoo!
3) Grow my hair back out. Yeah. I got a little crazy and whacked it all off last year, only to find it is nearly impossible to find a decent hairdresser, in Vegas, on my budget. So I am just going to grow it back out. I am shooting for a chin length, choppy bob with side swept bangs.
4) Read 12 books for pleasure. I am cutting back my goal this year, because realistically, with school I will be pretty busy.
5) Take a vacation with Brian. We probably won't be able to afford to go somewhere elaborate, but even if we could talk our parents into watching the kids for a weekend while we escape to SLC and stay with some friends, it would be nice. It's been so long since we have been able to do anything alone together.
6) Go to see the Beatles Love show. Yes, tickets are expensive. That is why I have never gone. I have a hard time spending money on me. But, even if I just save all the random change I find laying around, with all the locals discounts, that would pay for my ticket. I want to be able to do this one selfish thing for me... and not feel guilty about it! :)
7) Do something as a family at least once a week. Even if it is just sitting down and watching a movie, we need to have a family night.
So, that gives me quite a bit of stuff to work on!
Here's hoping for a great year for everyone!!!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment