Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Fun

The boys came to visit this last weekend, just in time for the weather to get cold and windy. Okay, I say cold - it was in the 60's and 70's. That is warm for everyone back home in Utah who got snow! But it was cold for us!!! So we ended up just hanging around the house, renting a few movies, and letting the kids play with a few kids in the neighborhood. The wind stopped Saturday afternoon, so the kids begged to go swimming! It didn't last long though. Then they all came in and took a bath (with their swim suits on of course) in my bathtub!
We had a great weekend, and everything went smoothly. Until Taylor lost his glasses Sunday morning. We looked and looked, until it was time for me and the girls to go to church and Brian to take the boys home. We still haven't found them. So guess what I get to do this week... deep clean the entire house searching for them! yay! At least I will have a really clean house, in the end!


In other news, my sister, Maren is getting married!!! Matt proposed to her this last week in Butte, Montana while they were visiting his parents. On August 15th they will officially become Mr. and Mrs. Kaldor. They will be getting married in Butte, Montana. Matt is in the military and currently stationed in Kansas, so they will be moving onto the base there after the wedding. I will be getting her a pair of ruby red slippers and a stuffed Toto dog as a wedding gift!!! We are so happy for them! Matt is a great guy - and he is getting a great (but kind of ornery :) ) wife!!!

I also had to show everyone the cute bows I learned how to make! It's my new hobby. I have three girls and alot of cute little nieces, so it is super exciting to me! The bees still need wings - the ribbion I bought was was to big, so I have to get a smaller kind!



2 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

That's cool that Maren is getting married:) Oh and I love your bath tub, it is huge!!!

About Us said...

Speaking of alot to comment on....

I too am jealous of your awesome bathtub!
Cute hairbows!!! If Ashlyn ever grows more hair, I'll have to commission you to make some:)

Yay for Maren - I didn't know it was made official. I just met him briefly, but Matt seems like a really nice guy and I've never seen her happier!

Also, I'm really glad you've decided to stay in Vegas. Things will work out, just hang in there. It's got to be such a relief to not have to think about packing up and moving everyone & everything again.

I agree - I think it'd be great if we could plan something and all of us (your mom & kids, and my dad & kids) get together. I'd love to be able to get to know everyone more & our kids would all have a good time together.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now. Take care & talk to ya soon,

'Shelle