This next post probably won't interest alot of people, but since this blog is my journal that I plan on printing out and binding once a year, I thought that this might be kind of fun to go back and read in 20 years when my kids are grown.
It seems like every day there is some new adventure, crisis or excitement in our house. It's never ending! Here is some of what went on yesterday, which is a perfect example of a typical day at our house:
1) Alysa waits until the last minute to put her shoes on, and then can't find them. She can never find her shoes. But today was WEDNESDAY and she has PE. This is a crisis because if she doesn't have tennis shoes on, she will get a dreaded "black mark", and Mr. Pointer will "yell" at her. So instead of looking for her shoes, she lays on the couch and cries and whines and freaks out and says she won't go to school without tennis shoes. She tends to be a little dramatic. Luckily, Ady saves the day and finds her shoes, just as it is time to go. They were in the shoe closet, on the shelf, where they were suppose to be.
2) Sunday, Taylor had lost his glasses and we turned the entire house upside down and inside out looking for them... twice. Taylor was convinced that somebody had stolen them. I had an Ipod, a camera, my purse, and $200 in cash sitting on the kitchen counter, but an intruder broke in to our locked house, undetected, and chose only to steal a pair of glasses. That makes alot of sense. That theory made me giggle - alot. Anyway, yesterday Brian found them sitting on the fireplace mantle where we have all looked about 9,000 times. Maybe the intruder decided to bring them back?
3) I was upstairs making my bed, and Brylee comes running upstairs screaming bloody murder into my room. It took me a second to calm her down and understand what she was saying. According to her, there is a cockroach downstairs in the kitchen. It came after her, and was hopping (?) all over! I walked downstairs to find a dead cockroach outside, on the patio, behind the closed and locked patio door. She stood clear across the room while I opened the door to throw it away. Luckily for us, Eddie saved the day, when he stopped it from getting us, by attacking it and trying to eat it. At least that is the version that Brylee told Brian later.
About a half hour later, after Brylee had recovered from the traumatic cockroach attack, she came up to me really pissed off. She said, "that cockroach didn't even bring us a pizza!" and stamped her foot to emphasize her anger. She got that from the Orkin commercial, where a giant cockroach tries to get into a lady's house by posing as a pizza delivery man. I was drinking a glass of water when she said this, and almost choked from laughing!
4) Brian had to patch a hole in the wall - which he actually did an excellent job of. You can't even tell it has been patched. There was some paint cans in the garage marked "house walls" (all the walls in our house are the same color, except for the kids bedrooms). So we got them out to paint over the patch. Well, we decided that while we were at it, we would touch up a couple of little scuffs on the walls around the house. It looked a little darker when we put it on, but I thought it just needed to dry. Nope. It's the wrong color.
5) Ady came home from school really excited that her friend, Isabelle, is back at school after a 10 day vacation. I asked her where Isabelle has been. The answer: In Mexico visiting family. They had to come home a day early because of the swine flu. Nice. Now we are all probably infected with swine flu.
6) Alysa was running around the house teasing Brylee, "bite me, bite me!" I told her to stop running around the house teasing Brylee or she was going to get hurt. She didn't. Brylee finally caught her, and bit her really hard. It drew blood. Alysa then, was really mad at Brylee for the rest of the night. Duh.
7) Brian cooked hamburgers on the BBQ for dinner. Brylee took one bite of hers and wouldn't eat the rest. She said it tasted like "dog food". I made the joke, "well, how do you know what dog food tastes like?". Ady and Alysa then informed me that she does know what dog food tastes like because she sometimes eats it. Great! On top of swine flu, Brylee will also have worms.
8) I finally put the kids to bed, and was looking forward to watching LOST. They didn't have a new episode last Wednesday so I was extra excited. 5 minutes before it started I fell asleep. Thank goodness for Itunes!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
You know you can go to ABC.com and watch the episode for free, and past episodes as well. :)
I'm lovin' your life. Sounds a lot like mine! Isn't it so fun to put stuff like that in the blog? My girls love it when we go back to when I first started blogging so I can read to them about their adventures a couple of years ago! Good job.
Sounds like so much fun!! Aren't girls so full of drama! Your girls are so cute.
Post a Comment