Friday, April 24, 2009

Night of Art

Every year Adalyn and Alysa's elementary school holds a "Night of Art". Each grade chooses one child to perform either a vocal number, a instrumental number, or read a piece that the child wrote. Ady was chosen to read her story, "Trip to Book Reading Island". At first she was excited because she got to miss two hours of class every day this week to go to the gym and practice. But, as the Night of Art drew closer, she started to get really nervous. She was a giant ball of anxiety all day today. However, she read her story loud and clear without any hint of nerves! Brian and I are so proud of her!!!


Trip to Book Reading Island

by

Adalyn Brown


Yesterday, my sisters, a pop star, and I went to Book Reading Island for a vacation. Alysa, Brylee, Hannah Montana, and I wanted to go to the Fun Library, so we set off. Right before we entered, a book storm started and huge books piled in front of the Fun Library door. We ran to the Big Readers Quilt Club. Books were covering everything. Then, a big long basket came and started catching the falling books. We ran outside to help. We started to give people books, gave them to the library, gave them to the school, and then we took them to the Big Readers Quilt Club. Then I had a solution. I could go and knock the clouds away. Everyone said, "okay". I went to the reading river and took the book floating boat through the river to the flying book. Then I began knocking the clouds away. Everyone in Book Reading Island helped to clear everything.


The End.



No comments: