So... we are moving. Again. This time to Riverside, California.
Well, at least that is the plan for the moment.
We have known this for a couple of weeks, but I was waiting to post something about it until we had told the boys. Brian called Austin last night, and he is driving from St. George to Vegas with Taylor and Michael as we speak. So I guess that makes me in the clear to announce it!
How do I feel about this? Well, I am excited, and nervous. I HATE packing and unpacking. And moving is expensive! But, I also get restless really fast, so a change of scenery is exciting. I have LOVED Vegas. Much more than I ever thought that I would. I will miss a lot of things here. I LOVE the heat (yes, Cali is hot... but it isn't the same), my house, my pool, my friends, and the girls' school (it is awesome!). But there is no work here right now. And there are things that I will love about California. Our good friends James and Rhonda are living there, and I will be happy to live closer to them. They are such great people. And the BEACH. We will only be 1/2 hour away. I will be there every day, all day, all summer! Okay, maybe not that much, but a lot. Enough that all 6 of my kids will be professional surfers! And Disneyland. I LOVE Disneyland! We will have to get annual passes!
In other news, my brother, Doug, and my sister in law, Rhonda, and there SUPER adorable kids, Jack and Mireya, are moving to Montana. Rhonda kind of stole my thunder by announcing their move first (thanks Rhonda! lol!) But they are moving sooner - in April - so that is okay! I know they will love Montana! I just hope that they know that I will be kidnapping Mireya (and Jack in a year or so) to take to Disneyland if they don't come and visit us!
Oh and P.S. A few people have asked me about Russia... Brian and I were seriously considering going to go to Russia, so Brian could be a plumber for the US embassy in Moscow. We really considered it. We really kind of wanted to do it. But it was a two year contract, and we ultimately decided that it was too far away from family for to long. It is and idea that we might revisit in the future, when our children are grown.
P.P.S. I hope everyone knows that they are welcome to come and visit and stay with us in California. We love visitors!!!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Yeah! That is awesome about your move and i'm SO jealous about the beach! I love the beach! I hope you guys have a ton of fun out there though :)
Wow, moving again. I hate moving, too. But it does teach you how to dejunk efficiently. I hadn't heard about you moving to Russia. That would have been interesting. My husbands brother works for the US State Department, and he is in Brazil right now. His Aunt and Uncle work for the State too, and are in Bolivia, but have lived all over the world. India, Nepal, Russia, and Sweden. Their daughter works there too, and just left her 2 years in Jamaica for another 2 year stint in Norway! All the kids were raised as they traveled the world, and had great experiences. They were graduated from high school at 16, and graduated from BYU at 20. I guess the State Department education system is amazing for the kids. Anyway, long comment, sorry. Good luck with the move. You'll love it no matter where you end up!
Post a Comment