Tuesday, March 24, 2009

St. Patricks Day / Anniversary

Every year, we have a tradition of building Leprechaun traps the night before St. Patrick's day. This year was no different. The girls worked hard on Monday night making a trap that they were sure would catch a leprechaun. They believe that if they can catch one, he will grant them each 3 wishes. They are so funny about it. They get so excited, it's almost like Christmas eve. Unfortunately, they didn't catch one this year. But he did leave them each a bag full of treats - and they were happy enough with that.

This is a picture of the trap - not exactly sure how it is suppose to work!


St. Patrick's day was our anniversary. EIGHT years! I can't believe that we have been married this long! I don't think that I am that old! We didn't do anything to exciting, since we are trying to save up some money. But, we did go out to dinner at TGI Fridays. I am officially in love with their green bean fries. They sound weird, but they are the greatest thing ever. We left our kids with some friends, so it was just the two of us. It was really nice to get out alone together! We talked and reminisced over the last eight years. We have had a lot of really good memories. Life has definitely been good to us! I am just grateful everyday for Brian, and our kids. As cheesy as it sounds, we are more in love now than we have ever been. I am just so happy that we have created this wonderful life together!

Friday, James and Rhonda and their kids Bailey and Asher stayed the night at our house. They are in the process of moving back to Riverside. It was their five year anniversary so we helped them celebrate by going to eat at the California casino. I love James and Rhonda, and am very grateful to have them as our friends!

The girls have been begging me to buy Twilight for the last week. They wanted to go to Walmart Friday at midnight to buy it, when they were having the release party. I refused to do that! So Saturday, we loaded up the van and went to Walmart and bought Twilight and some snacks. We came home and had a Twilight party. As of today, I think they have watched Twilight 20 times. I think that I am suffering from Twilight overkill after reading the books, seeing it in the theatre twice (I took my niece, Kelsey, to the midnight premier for her birthday and saw it with Brian, Austin, and the girls over Thanksgiving in Gunnison), and now having had it on the TV non - stop the last few days. The DVD might end up mysteriously missing for a while! Ady and Brylee are all about Edward, and Alysa is team Jacob. It's funny to listen to their arguments in their characters defense. They actually have some good points! Maybe I have some future debaters? I can only hope! :)

3 comments:

crazy west family said...

I love that your kids have thier favorite twilight characters. I am most deffinatly on team Jacob. Me and a bunch of girls went to the twilight at midnight party out here. It was crazy. Victoria was at our store so the crowd was crazy. I also love the traps that your kids set. When I was telling my kids about saint patricks day I told them about how you and I used to try to hunt them when we were young and that we were always on the quest for the purfect 4 leaf clover... Those were the days.

The Roberts Family said...

I am team Edward - for sure! I don't like Jacob at all.

I remember hunting four leaf clovers! lol! We used to do all kinds of crazy stuff in Herriman!!! Those were the days!

Krisell said...

What a cute ideas of the traps Jess. You know, we make traps in preschool, but we will have to try trapping them at our house too!! You are so CREATIVE!!
Well eight years huh? Doesn't it seem like just barely us working at good old Thriftway? Well congrate's on your anniversary!!