Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cabin Fever

This last few weeks, I have had a serious case of cabin fever. The weather has been nicer, but I don't really appreciate good weather until it is really HOT! I am longing for the shorts and swimming season! I really want to get to the time when we can sit out late at night with the misters on and take a spontaneous swim! I have taken Brylee and Scarlett (the little girl I tend during the week) to the park a few times, but it has done little to relieve my "winter blues".

This last weekend Taylor and Michael came to see us. Brian picked them up Friday, and had to work Saturday. Normally, he arranges his schedule to where he won't have to work when he has our boys. But the way they economy has been going, we have decided that he will take any work that he can get. Wrok is getting slow, and we are both getting worried. I was a little ornery on Saturday (okay, maybe more than a little) because I had already been cooped up with kids all week. I also blame it on the "cabin fever". It doesn't help when the boys and girls are super hyper and running around everywhere. I know that they are just excited and happy to see each other - and kids get all goofy when they are out of their routine, but it was really driving me crazy! Brian got home, and I went to get my nails done. He took the kids to Sonic to get ice cream. The little break was good for me, but it made me feel really guilty about being so grumpy. When I got home, I apologized to the kids for being ornery, then we had a really enjoyable night.


We promised the kids that they could go swimming on Sunday. Brian turned the pool heater on early, then later, went to clean his truck. When he got back, they got into the pool. Ady and Alysa jumped right in. Taylor and Michael were a bit hesitant because it was so cold. But eventually they got in and were swimming all over too. Brylee would only get in if Brian did. So, he put on his swimming suit and jumped in. He is a nicer parent than I am. It was WAY to cold for me!!!


Late Sunday afternoon Brian took the boys home to their mom's house. We all hugged them goodbye as usual, but as soon as they left, Ady started to cry. She said that she didn't want them to go home yet, and that she had, had so much fun with them over the weekend. They had played together, and they had taught her to throw a football. It's really hard to explain to kids all this complex adult stuff! I did tell her though, that next time we came we would be having a Birthday party for Michael (March 13) and that she could help me pick out his presents and his cake. That seemed to make her feel a little better.


Overall, it was a good weekend. Everything seems to get easier as the kids get older. Now if I could just get Alysa to clean her room, life would be perfect!!!

2 comments:

Rhonda S. said...

I can't believe you guys are swimming in March! That's just crazy. But I guess last year around this time Bailey was swimming in the community pool we had in Corona. Its a cute picture...

George Family said...

Hi mom this is the third time I've typed this but anyway that was one scary photo of me,oh and i have to do a country report, i chose Afghanistan. Love Taylor.