What interest, passion or desire are you most afraid of admitting to yourself and others?
I don't think that I am really afraid of admitting anything to anyone - even myself. My passion/desire is to live a happy life, to have a happy marriage and to have happy children. This is an ongoing goal, that I will work on everyday until I die - but so far so good. I want to be myself and to not care what others think. I feel like I am there - it was hard to get there, but well worth it.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
The same things I am doing now. Living a happy life. I could choose something that others would consider great (ie: a successful business woman, president, etc.) but I look at all that I would have to give up to get there, like time with my family, and it makes it not worth it to me. I just want to be financially comfortable and happy. I've got that already.
What do you love about yourself?
I love that I am silly and quirky. I love that I am not high - maintenance and that I can find joy in the simple things.
What would you do if money was not a concern in your life?
Travel the world. I want to go to Israel with my family. I want to walk where Christ did, and I want my kids too. I want to walk on the Great Wall of China, to see the Pyramids, to look at the Mona Lisa, to climb the steps of the Mayan Temples. There are far to many things I want to see and do to fit in a single lifetime.
What one thing do you dream about doing that you’ve never told anyone?
I am pretty sure anyone who knows me knows my dreams. I am a pretty open book.
What do you fantasize about doing while driving your car or taking a shower?
I don't fantasize as much as analyze. I like to look at the story of my life and see how far I've come. I like to look at all that I have overcome and think of how hard it was to get here.
Who do you know that’s doing something you’d like to do?
No one really.
How could you make the world a better place for yourself and others?
I think that my biggest contribution to the world would be to raise happy, confident, smart, selfless, open-minded children.
Who do you think you are? Have you labeled yourself a mother, student, caregiver? What are the other parts of you?
That is a hard question because there are so many parts to it! I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter... But deep down, I am a deeply complex individual. I am silly little girl on the inside, who likes to giggle and have fun and try new things and see new places. I like to read, and talk to my friends, and play with my kids. I love to spend time alone with my husband being really goofy, and having deep conversations about our goals in life. I sometimes get scared and insecure. And I am sometimes am overly confident! I make mistakes, and I find it very hard to admit that! I cry over people who I have lost (to death and to life), and I laugh at the memories we had. I am someone who is not afraid to love with all that I have, or to let go when it is time. How do you put a label on all of that?
What did you love when you were a child?
I loved being outside. I loved being with my friends. I loved being involved in everything.
What’s stopping you from moving forward with exploring your passion?
I want to finish up my degree and start working. I can't right now, because Brian and I have decided that I should be at home until our kids are older. That is most important right now. But that time will come...
What drives you, and what gives you satisfaction?
In a single word: family.
When you were young, what did you know you would do when you grew up?
I think that I always knew that I would get married and have children. Although I always denied it. I have always known that I would be a teacher. It hasn't happend yet, but it will.
How would you like the world to be?
Full of open minded, selfless individuals. Full of people who aren't afraid to let other people be different.
What would you regret not having done if your life was ending?
I would really regret not letting go of the guilt that I carried for so many years. I would regret not being spontaneous and open to new things. And I would REALLY regret not having my family!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Wow Jess. These are some really good answers. Good for you for knowing yourself so well!
Post a Comment