Friday, February 27, 2009

Joe Jonas and Backwards Day

Everyday, while taking the girl to school we listen to the radio - 94.1 the mix. Yesterday, while we were listening, they announced that they would be interviewing Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers on air the following day. Alysa about passed out. Apparently, she is a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers - according to her, "their biggest fan". And Joe Jonas is her favorite Jonas Brother. She then spent the rest of the ride to school, and the whole evening after school begging me to take her to the radio station in the morning so that maybe we could see Joe Jonas. After telling her, "No! You have school!" about ten million times, I finally said, "No, because my kids are going to grow up to be stalkers!" That effectively changed the conversation for about 2 seconds so I could explain what a stalker was. I knew she liked them, but jeez...

Joe Jonas - since most of us don't know (at least I didn't)

This morning she remembered it was "backwards day" at school and decided that it was okay that I refused to take her to the radio station because she didn't want to miss backward day. Apparently, the Jonas Brothers biggest fan would rather wear her clothes backwards than actually meet them. Not that I am complaining... because I am no longer the world's meanest mom.

No, I wan't channeling my inner 80's spirit when I did their hair. It is a backwards French Braid.

Oh and yes they do have backpacks. Really nice ones. But they choose to use these ratty old bags instead. Kids!?!

No comments: