Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holiday Fun

I really don't know what is wrong with me. Apparently, I have lost the blogging spirit. I haven't even finish writing about my England trip yet. Ugh. But I am making a half-hearted attempt to get this blog somewhat updated, today.

Holidays...
We were suppose to go to Phoenix and spend Thanksgiving with Mike and Misty. We ended up not going. Maren was coming home for Christmas, so we had decided to spend some of Christmas break in Utah. Between that expense, and buying Christmas for six kids, we just decided a Phoenix trip was just an added expense that we didn't really need at this point. I was sad, because we were really looking forward to seeing Mike and Misty and kids.
We did have a fun Thanksgiving with our friends Jim and Kim and their kids Justin, Kayla, and Jordan. We were grateful that they invited us to their home, and to have someone to spend the holiday with.

A couple of weeks later, Reed and Josie were in town for the National Finals Rodeo. We were able to go out to breakfast with them. The kids LOVE that. In fact, they look forward to it every year! Afterwards, we decided to head over to the Bass Pro Shop to see Santa and visit the Mermaid Cafe.
On the way there, we had to drive by the airport. We discovered a pull off spot, next to the road, where you can sit and watch the planes take off and land. The girls were completely fascinated. It was a job to pull them away from the planes, so that we could get back on the road.
We waited in line for a million years at the Bass Pro Shop to see Santa. Once we got to the front, Ady started to get a little shy about sitting on Santa's lap. She told me she is getting a little bit big for the whole Santa thing. It was a little sad. She is ten already, where has all the time gone? I convinced her, to enjoy one last year. She can be to big for Santa next year. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing. :)
Afterwards, we headed to the Mermaid Cafe. While we were waiting for the Mermaid to make her appearance, we ran into my cousin Jeremy and his wife and kids. I haven't seen them for years! It was really nice to sit back and catch up on what is going on with our families and such. My girls are about the same age as their girls, so they had alot of fun getting to know each other. They were sad to go home.
Maybe I am getting old, or maybe I am just boring. But that was about all the excitement I could handle for one day. So we came home and Brian and I took a nap while the kids proceeded to tear up the house.

The girls had alot of time of this year for Christmas break. They were off the whole week before Christmas. My sister Maren, and her hubby Matt made the journey from Kansas and were going to be staying at my moms for the entire week before Christmas. So, the girls and I decided to head to Gunnison on Monday December 20th. We wanted to beat the storm that was suppose to come later in the week.
All was well on the roads, until we hit Richfield - 40 minutes away from Gunnison - and it started to snow. The roads were slick and icy, there were cars slid off the road everywhere, and we could only drive about 25 miles an hour on the freeway. To make it even more fun, my defrost had decided to go out, so the car was freezing cold and the windows kept fogging up. Then the windshield wiper went out. Good times! But we made it in one piece, and I was reminded of how much I REALLY love my Vegas winters!
It snowed about 16 inches that first night. The girls were thrilled. Me... not so much. They were suppose to go to school with my mom that morning, but Sanpete County School District called a snow day. A snow day? I don't think that I ever had one of those growing up. So they spent the day playing in the snow, and I spent the day watching them from the window!

We had alot of fun during our week visit. We were able to go to my mom's school and play in the gym on some roller things (I have no idea what to call them), eat at El Mexicano TWICE (the best food EVER), and I even braved the snow to go sledding with the kids.




Brian joined us Friday, the 24th. We drove to Steve and Tina's house in Manti that night to have the Roberts' family party. It was so fun for us all to get together. The kids had an awesome time playing with their cousins!
Christmas morning was so much fun with my whole family all together! The kids all got what they wanted, and we scored some pretty awesome stuff too!


I was really not thrilled about the whole idea of spending Christmas away from home. I usually like a nice relaxing Christmas in my own house. But I am really glad that went outside of my comfort zone and went!
Everyone left the day after Christmas. It was really hard to let my little sis go, not knowing when I will see her again since they are moving to Hawaii in a couple of months. But I am glad that we got to spend the time we had together!
We picked the boys up on the way home, and had Christmas round 2 at our house. They got to spend the week with us, and it was nice to have everyone home!

New Years Eve, we did the same as we always do and had a party at home for the kids. My friend Krystina and her two little girls, as well as Kim and Jim and their kids, and Patricia all came over. The kids had alot of fun and EVERYONE, including myself, was able to stay awake until midnight to bang pots and pans outside! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
I can't believe that we are now starting a new decade! Brian and I were talking about everything that has happened in the last 10 years. It was the most eventful decade of my life! Marriage, kids, moves...ect. It's hard to believe how much life can change in a a decade. It's also scary to think that at the end of this decade, our oldest (Austin) will be 25 and Brylee, the youngest, will be 15! Crazy!!!!

No comments: