I really enjoyed my visit in England, but after being gone for two weeks, I was really ready to come home. We had to be up and ready really early to catch the shuttle bus. Luckily we got there in plenty of time, without any problems this time!
Unfortunately, we weren't lucky enough to get a free upgrade to first class on the way back. And the flight home was alot longer for some reason. And I had to sit next what may very well have been the world's most annoying lady. Needless to say, it was not a good flight and by the time we landed in New York, I was tired and ornery.
Then Patricia got stopped by immigration. She was pulled back in their office, so that they could check her out and make sure she wasn't a terrorist or something. They wouldn't let me wait for her there, so I went to baggage claim and got our bags and waited for her there so we could go through customs. She never came, and never came. Pretty soon I was the only one left at the baggage claim area, and I was informed, and not very politely, that I was not allowed to wait there either. No one would give me any information, and everyone kept yelling at me for loitering. I'm not really sure what they wanted me to do, since I couldn't go through customs with somebody else's bags, but they wouldn't let me leave them anywhere for her either. UGH! Finally, they decided that Patricia isn't really a threat to national security and let her go. We made it through customs, and boarded our plane in just the nick of time. I was just really happy to leave New York behind!
The flight to Vegas seemed to take forever. I was just so ready to be home, and in my own bed. I almost cried tears of joy when I finally spotted the strip from the plane window!
Brian met us at the baggage claim... with a surprise. He rented a limo to take us home in!!! While the chauffeur loaded our bags, we climbed into the back of the limo to find a dozen roses for both Patrica and myself and a bottle of Champagne. It was definitely at awesome experience to cruise down the strip, sipping Champagne in the back of a limo!
Brian definitely scored some bonus points for that one!
The next day, we met my mom and Kirk in Cedar City to get the girls. I was so happy to see them! I missed them so much!
Overall, it was an amazing trip! Definitely and experience of a lifetime! But it also made me appreciate home, and my family alot more!!!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment