We woke up early Monday morning and headed out to downtown Ipswich to go to Christchurch Park and Mansion.
The morning was a little cold, but it wasn't raining, and I was really happy to be able to soak up a little Vitamin D. We spent quite a while wandering around the huge, beautiful park taking in the scenery. Patrica told me about how when she was a kid, she we would go to the park and collect the horse chestnuts. The would drill holes in them, put a string through it and make "clonkers". After a long walk, we found a little concession stand where we sat and had a cup of tea. Just as we were finishing our drinks, it started to get windy and rainy, so we headed to the mansion.
The mansion was HUGE, and amazing beautiful. It was completely restored to fit what it would have been like during the Victorian era.
In the back part of the mansion, they had a gallery of Constable and Gaines (famous, local Suffolk artists) work. I could have spent hours in the gallery. It was amazing!
The morning was a little cold, but it wasn't raining, and I was really happy to be able to soak up a little Vitamin D. We spent quite a while wandering around the huge, beautiful park taking in the scenery. Patrica told me about how when she was a kid, she we would go to the park and collect the horse chestnuts. The would drill holes in them, put a string through it and make "clonkers". After a long walk, we found a little concession stand where we sat and had a cup of tea. Just as we were finishing our drinks, it started to get windy and rainy, so we headed to the mansion.
The mansion was HUGE, and amazing beautiful. It was completely restored to fit what it would have been like during the Victorian era.
In the back part of the mansion, they had a gallery of Constable and Gaines (famous, local Suffolk artists) work. I could have spent hours in the gallery. It was amazing!
Christchurch Park and Mansion
Afterwards, we caught the bus into town, and had a light dinner at a local pub. I had the cheese chips (fries). I don't think I could ever get enough of the English cheddar!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment