First, we went downtown for a little bit. Patricia wanted to do a little more shopping at Marks and Spencers (a department store). We had also decided to leave Ipswich a day earlier than planned, and spend two nights in London before we left, since we didn't get to tour London when we landed. So we needed to go to the tourist information center, to find out about train schedules and hotel rooms.
After we got back, we went for a walk to the post office, and the co-op. Patrica owns a house in England, which she rents out. We got to walk by that too. As well as the church she was married in, and the school her children went to. It was really fun to see more of the life Patricia left in England.
We were home early that night, and after dinner we sat outside in the conservatory enjoying a cup of tea. As we sat talking, we heard someone yelling outside. Patricia and I assumed it was a couple of drunks being loud and annoying, and just waited for them to leave. The yelling continued, and we wouldn't be able to go to bed until they left, so I told Patricia that I was going to walk to the front sidewalk and as them if they wanted me to call a cab. When I got to the sidewalk, I noticed that it was one man, and he was lying in a rain puddle, in the middle of the road, at a three way intersection, calling for help. I ran back inside and told Patricia to call the cops, and I went back out to see what was wrong and make sure that he didn't get hit by a car.
Luckily, a couple of people had stopped, so I wasn't by myself, and got him moved to the sidewalk. He had blacked out at this point, so I checked his vitals, which where there, but pretty erratic, and tried to get him awake. He was going into shock, so the neighbors and I kept asking him questions, trying get him talking and keep him awake and conscious until the ambulance arrived. He was shivering and really cold (it was raining), so I put my coat over him, while Patricia went to get a blanket. Luckily a neighbor had an umbrella, that he held over the two of us while I knelt next to the man. It couldn't have been long, but it seemed like forever until the ambulance got there.
The ambulance workers loaded him up, and took him to the hospital. I was more than happy to get inside and into some dry clothes! I was more than soaked after kneeling in a puddle in the rain!
So much for our lazy, boring day in. That was a little to much excitement for me!













No comments:
Post a Comment