Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out and About

One of the biggest downfalls of being married to a plumber who own his own business, is that I never see him. He's always working. I would like to say it's because he's raking in the dough - but unfortunately, that isn't the case.

The biggest bonus is that he occasionally gets some "freebies".

Last weekend was one of those rare occasions when Brian was really slow. He only had one job scheduled for Saturday morning and was free for the rest of the weekend. So we decided to cash in on a couple of those "freebies".

While he was gone Saturday morning, I got myself and all the kids glammed up, so that as soon as Brian got home we could hit the town. Don't get too excited - we just went to get yogurt. But it was really yummy yogurt and a new place called Yogurtland. The kids LOVED it. They had about twenty kinds of yogurt and a million toppings that you serve yourself. Luckily for us, one of his costumers owns the place, so it was free. Nice!

After yogurt, and a much needed nap, we had a friend watch the kids so that Brian and I could go out to dinner. Another rare occasion. Brian and I never get to go anywhere alone. We went to a new restaurant in the Town Square called The Cana. Brian has been there to fix their plumbing a couple of times and is now friends with the owner and the head chef. So, dinner was free. The best part was that we were treated like VIP's. The wait staff were constantly checking in on us, all kinds of food kept getting sent to our table, and the owner and the chef even came out and chilled with us at our table. For two hours I felt like a celebrity. Well, I guess that was the second best - the crispy shrimp was the best part (Seriously, the best shrimp on the entire planet. Hands down.).

Sunday we decided to head downtown to the Silver and Gold Pawn Shop. For those of you who don't know, that is where they film the show Pawn Stars, on the History Channel. Unfortunately, our VIP status did not transfer to the pawn shop, and so we had to wait in line, behind the velvet rope, just like everyone else. It is the first time that I have had to wait in a line to get into a pawn shop. Not that I've been to a lot of pawn shops in my day. The store was really crowded, kinda trashy, and very overpriced (although we weren't looking to buy anything anyway). Brian says, "at least we can say we have been to where they film Pawn Stars when people ask." I wasn't aware that people were asking. I say, "at least it was more exciting than sitting home and doing nothing all day... sort of."



No comments: