Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Report Cards

My girls got their report cards today, I am so proud of them! As much as I have managed to screw up everything else in life, I feel like I have done at least one thing right in raising my kids - so far! I am so very proud of both my girls!!!

Alysa

Reading: A
Writing: B
Math: A
Science/Health: A
Social Studies: A

As far as Exceptional, Satisfactory, or Needs Improvement - everything was Exceptional or Satisfactory.

Teacher Comments:

Alysa is an accomplished reader for 2nd grade. She approaches reading with a positive attitude and demonstrates a good understanding of what she reads. She is making good progress in her fluency, as well as comprehension. Alysa willingly participates in classroom discussions, gives her best effort on most assignments, and maintains a positive attitude toward school. She has show excellent understanding of math concepts. Keep up the good work!

Adalyn

Ady had two report cards - one for the Gifted And Talented Program (GATE) and one for her regular classroom.

GATE

In GATE, they don't get letter grades. They grade them Excellent, Satisfactory, or Needs Improvement in 12 different areas - 6 in Life Skills and 6 in Thinking Skills. Ady had Excellent or Satisfactory in all areas.

Teacher Comments:

I am so proud of Adalyn for qualifying for the GATE program. She demonstrates excellent work habits and shows enthusiasm for learning.

Classroom:

Reading: A
Writing: A
Math: A
Science/Health: A
Social Studies: A

Everything evaluated as Exceptional, Satisfactory, or Needs Improvement was graded as Exceptional.

Teacher Comments:

Adalyn is making exemplary progress. She is a responsible student and puts effort in her work. Adalyn participates in class, and it is evident through class discussion and written work that she comprehends the material. Adalyn is curious and enthusiastic about learning. Her writing is well organized, and she has begun expanding her ideas to be more descriptive and to include more details.

Adalyn works well independently and assumes a leadership role when working in a group. She is cooperative and helpful. It is a pleasure to work with such a conscientious, well - mannered student. Thanks for the help from home.

1 comment:

SarahGoes406 said...

Aww I'm proud of them too!!! It's weird.. when I hear good things about them, I just get this happy fuzzy feeling, knowing that everyone's doing good :]
I love everyone in your family so much.. I think about your girls a lot (in addition to you and Brian, of course!, and Austin, since he's the only one of the boys I've met), and they're just awesome kids.