Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween!


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love to dress up with the kids!

This year, Ady decided very early on that she wanted to be a High School Musical Cheerleader. She really loved the HSM costume that she saw in the Disney Store. I, however, was not about to pay $60 for a costume she will wear once. So I got on ebay. I got a the exact HSM cheerleader costume she wanted for $5 - including the shipping. You can't beat that!!!




Alysa was dead set on being the Corpse Bride for Halloween. She loves that movie! Well, of course, they don't sell an actual Corpse Bride costume, so we had to improvise. I had an old bride costume that was just her size, and a skeleton costume that didn't fit anyone in the Halloween box. So, we cut the bones out of the skeleton costume, and sewed them under some holes in the bride costume. She wore one of the skeleton gloves and slippers, so that half of her was skeleton and half was not, like in the movie. I thought it turned out pretty great! That was a pretty original idea she had!




Brylee has been obsessed with vampires, ever since she saw Twilight. So, of course, that is what she wanted to be. She wanted to be a "girl vampire" wearing a dress. There are alot of those costumes out there - but, of course, none of them were her size. After alot of searching online, we found a cheap one at Walmart that was exactly what she wanted. She had to wear her Sketchers with the costume because, her Sketchers make her run fast, and vampires are fast!




I decided that I wanted to dress as a 1920's flapper this year. And Brian dressed as a 1920's gangster.


My friend Kris came over, and we took the kids to the houses in our neighborhood. We started early, and it only took about an hour. Their Halloween baskets were completely full, though! Then, we just came home and hung out with our friends Kris and Mitch, and Adam and Dustann, handed out candy, and let the kids play and watch a Halloween movie. Nothing exciting, but it was fun!

1 comment:

The Roberts Family said...

Ugh! I just noticed the dirty laundry in the hall in the picture of Brian and I. That's embarrassing! When I do the laundry, I usually have it separated in loads in the hallway there, because my laundry room is tiny. I promise it was gone by the time anyone came over!!!