Saturday, January 17, 2009

January!

We are only two weeks into the new year, and quite a few things have happened!

On New Year's Eve, we had all six of our kids at home. So, obviously, we didn't go out! We had a little party with our family at our house. We played board games, watched movies, watched the Hannah Montana concert on Disney, had alot of snacks, and even turned the pool heater on so that the kids could go swimming! I bought them all some noise makers and whistles to blow at midnight, and all of them stayed up, except for Brylee!

On New Year's Day we all slept in! That afternoon, I cooked dinner and the missionaries in our ward, Elder Bitton and Elder Beatty came over and hung out all afternoon! We had alot of fun playing Monopoly, and snacking!

That night, someone broke into Brian's truck and stole the new GPS that I bought him for Christmas. They broke the driver's side window out to get to it. We were not very happy about that! But it is all fixed now.

Last week, Sarah Carter, one of the girls I knew from when I worked at Kolob Canyon RTC, flew in from Minnesota and stayed with us for a couple of days. It was so good to see her, I have really missed her. She is a true inspiration to me! She is one of the most incredible people that I know. I am so proud of her!

After having Sarah to myself for a couple of days, we went to Cedar City and stayed with our friend KayLyn, who worked with me at Kolob. Our friend Blaney, who was on a break from graduate school in Idaho, came for a visit as well. It was a big Kolob reunion! It was alot of fun!

Brian turned 31 on January 14! We were going to do something really fun and exciting for him, but instead me and the kids were all home sick with the flu. At least he didn't catch it! We did manage to get him a really cute cookie monster cake, though!

7 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

Sounds like you had a fun new years eve and day. That sucks that someone broke into your truck. I can't believe that people do things like that!

Rhonda said...

That is pretty much the second coolest cake I've ever seen in my life (my stump cake is still #1). You really made that?! You've got mad skills!

About Us said...

You have been busy! Sorry about the GPS - that stinks. Ditto on the cake - I'm thoroughly impressed!

The Roberts Family said...

I have to clarify - I did not make that cake! And I never intended to make people think that I did! :) I DID, however, go all the way to Albertsons, about .5 miles away and buy it for about $12!!!

Our Busy Five. . . said...

Found you!! I hated that about living in Vegas. We had a motorcycle stolen twice (first time is was recovered and okay, second time we never seen it again!!), a car broken into and another car stolen!!! And we lived just outside of Summerlin!! It doesn't matter where you live it's Vegas and stuff like that happens. :)Glad all is alright. . .

About Us said...

No one would have known - you could have let us think you are an amazing cake decorator!

Definitely let us know next time you come this way, it'd be great to get together.

Rhonda S. said...

Hey there...its February now...where is your next update???