Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cyber Monday

Yep. It's been almost a YEAR since I've made a post. I apologize to those of you who have been holding their breath in anticipation for my next post. I have ALOT to fill ya'll in on. BUT, I'm not going to do that now.
So, for the moment, enjoy this little nugget:

Tomorrow is Cyber Monday. In the past, this would not have meant exactly nothing to me. Now that I am, oh - so - proud to say that I work in the dotcom department at Walmart (more on that later), it means a WHOLE lot to me. Especially, since Walmart decided to turn "Cyber Monday" into "Cyber Week".

For those of you who don't know (probably, the two of you who will actually read this, don't), the dotcom associates (there are exactly TWO of us) deal with all the site to store shipping. Site to Store shipping is when you are too cheap to have it delivered to your house. So, you have it delivered to the Walmart near you, for free, instead. I didn't know that Site to Store even exsisted before that became my job. I guess, instead of being cheap, I am just lazy and always chose to have it shipped to my front door.

Anway, I really need to get to the point, which is:

TIPS FOR ORDER ONLINE AT WALMART.COM

1) Don't be lazy. Really. You can order DVD's and Books, and other small items online at Walmart.com and pay only $0.99 cent shipping. I said NINETY NINE CENTS. I know some of you like to pinch pennies, but REALLY? $0.99? The gas you spend to get to your Walmart and back home, probably costs more than that. It's cheaper and less stressful to spend the extra $$$, on most items, to have it shipped to your home.

2) If you don't have it shipped to your home, understand it's going to take time. Meaning, you will have to wait until I find it in the backroom at the store. Do you have any idea how many packages I have to sort through to find yours? Alot. Deal with it, and don't be an ass about it. I firmly believe nothing comes without a price tag attached. You may have gotten free shipping, but you WILL pay for it by waiting.

3) The first email you get is a confirmation email. It confirms that you ordered the item and will give you an ESTIMATED delivery date. If you continue reading, it will also tell you that it will send you an email when the package arrives at your store. Please, do not show up for your package before recieving notification that the package is AT THE STORE. If you do, you are going to waste your time, and mine. I don't really care that you showed up on the ESTIMATED delivery date. If the package is not there, it's not there. I can't make it magically appear just because you don't understand the definition of, 'ESTIMATED'.

4) If your package is damaged or lost, IT IS NOT MY FAULT. You have to understand, I personally don't have alot to do with your purchase. It got loaded onto the Walmart truck, by someone else. The instock workers (which doesn't include me) pull it off the truck. The only thing I do, is recieve the item on the computer system, bin it (give it a traceable home until you pick it up), and then bring it out to you when you come to get it. If it's broken, or even the wrong item, that has NOTHING to do with me. So don't yell at me for it - it'll only piss me off, and make me less likely to help you out.

5) If your item is large, and you need help with it, don't be the idiot who says: "Oh, the label says, 'this side up' or 'don't lay flat' or 'fragile' so make sure that you follow the directions". Are you kidding? That box has been kicked, throw, lifted, transported, and stored in every possible position. It, pretty much, went through hell and back before you picked it up. I promise you, if it hasn't been broken yet, having it positioned on the wrong side in your mini-van for the five miles to your house, isn't going to do it any damage. I PROMISE.



Anyway. I hope that gives you all something to think about, BEFORE you place that online order - at Walmart.com, or anywhere else.

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

3 comments:

Mlamb8184 said...

That was great to read...And it is so true...i have done alot of online shopping this year and I have definitely had it shipped to my house.
If i didn't want to go to the store to shop, that definitely means that I don't want to drive to the store to pick up items from online...lol..great blog

Mlamb8184 said...

That was great to read...And it is so true...i have done alot of online shopping this year and I have definitely had it shipped to my house.
If i didn't want to go to the store to shop, that definitely means that I don't want to drive to the store to pick up items from online...lol..great blog

Anonymous said...

I love your post about site to store and now i truely understand what you go through back in site to store.

This would be the other Jessica that was in layaway the past week. :)