Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Fools!!!

On March 31, at about 7pm I decided that I needed to pull a really good joke this year! Thanks to a few good friends, I came up with a plan to fake a pregnancy. I even got my hands on a positive pregnancy test, thanks to my friend Kris!

Kris brought over the pregnancy test the morning of April 1st. By this time, I was feeling really ready to back out. I was sure that he would kill me, and then find a way to get even. But, Patricia and Kris both reminded me that there is nothing he could ever do to top this... and I went forward with it.

I took a pic of the pregnancy test with my cell phone and sent it to Brian along with the message, "Congratulation! You are daddy to baby #7." As I expected, Brian called right away. I chose to pull the prank over the phone, because there was now way I would be able to pull it off in person, without laughing. Patricia and Kris were both sitting there watching me while I was on the phone, so I still found it difficult to be convincing. He asked if the test was real. I said, "Yes. It's real. And I would really rather wait to discuss it when you get home, because I am still really upset." And I hung up.

Yep. I got him good! He was completely convinced.

I let him know a few hours later - after he had already called several of our friends - that it wasn't true. When he called everyone back to tell them it was a joke, they all laughed. Everyone has let me know, what a good joke it was!

However, I am NOT looking forward to next April Fools Day. I KNOW that he is going to find some way to get me back. I will just have to stay a step ahead of him!!!


No comments: