On October 17th, our family and a bunch of our friends and their families went to the Bite of Las Vegas Food and Music Festival. I had bought my tickets about a month and a half in advance (for half price - only $4 a piece) and had been not-so-patiently waiting for what seemed like FOREVER!
The Bite of Las Vegas is a huge concert in the Desert Breeze park. Katherine McPhee, Parachute, Uncle Kracker, Blue October, and Train were playing. The girls and I were super excited to see Uncle Kracker and Train. We LOVE Uncle Kracker's song "Smile". Ady, Alysa, and Bry were all dying to hear Train's "Meet Virginia". I was really waiting to see Train's "Drops of Jupiter".
One of my favorite things about these outdoor concerts (Like the Bite of Las Vegas and the Petapalooza) is that there is no seating. We just bring a big blanket and sit on the grass. And there are a ton of free games for the kids, and food vendors that sell food for pretty cheap.
Unfortunately, Train did not end up playing because their lead singer was sick with the flu. Bry was really mad because she REALLY wanted to hear "Meet Virginia". She says that that song is about Grandma James. lol!
Even without Train, we still had ALOT of fun! Uncle Kracker was great!!! They had Blue October play last, in Train's slot (a local band, that was pretty good, played in Blue October's slot). That actually worked out better, because Blue October isn't a band I was dying to see. So we only stayed to hear "Hate Me", their one song that I really like, and then we left ahead of the traffic.
On the way out, we saw the cops asking some guy to leave. Well, he refused to go, so the cops tackled him down and arrested him. This all happened right in front of us, as we were walking out. The girls were freaking out. I thought it was a good learning experience for them. I asked them, "Did that look like fun? Do you want to be tackled to the ground and handcuffed by the cops?" They all yelled, "No!!!" at the same time. "Well, then you better not EVER break the law!" I told them. :) I can be such an evil mom sometimes! But in my opinion, all kids need a good healthy fear of being arrested to keep them out of trouble!
I have added some songs from Blue October, Uncle Kracker, and Train to my playlist on the sidebar of my blog, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the bands.
The Bite of Las Vegas is a huge concert in the Desert Breeze park. Katherine McPhee, Parachute, Uncle Kracker, Blue October, and Train were playing. The girls and I were super excited to see Uncle Kracker and Train. We LOVE Uncle Kracker's song "Smile". Ady, Alysa, and Bry were all dying to hear Train's "Meet Virginia". I was really waiting to see Train's "Drops of Jupiter".
One of my favorite things about these outdoor concerts (Like the Bite of Las Vegas and the Petapalooza) is that there is no seating. We just bring a big blanket and sit on the grass. And there are a ton of free games for the kids, and food vendors that sell food for pretty cheap.
Unfortunately, Train did not end up playing because their lead singer was sick with the flu. Bry was really mad because she REALLY wanted to hear "Meet Virginia". She says that that song is about Grandma James. lol!
Even without Train, we still had ALOT of fun! Uncle Kracker was great!!! They had Blue October play last, in Train's slot (a local band, that was pretty good, played in Blue October's slot). That actually worked out better, because Blue October isn't a band I was dying to see. So we only stayed to hear "Hate Me", their one song that I really like, and then we left ahead of the traffic.
On the way out, we saw the cops asking some guy to leave. Well, he refused to go, so the cops tackled him down and arrested him. This all happened right in front of us, as we were walking out. The girls were freaking out. I thought it was a good learning experience for them. I asked them, "Did that look like fun? Do you want to be tackled to the ground and handcuffed by the cops?" They all yelled, "No!!!" at the same time. "Well, then you better not EVER break the law!" I told them. :) I can be such an evil mom sometimes! But in my opinion, all kids need a good healthy fear of being arrested to keep them out of trouble!
I have added some songs from Blue October, Uncle Kracker, and Train to my playlist on the sidebar of my blog, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the bands.
me and Brylee

Ady
Alysa and Brian

Scarlett and Kris

Dustann, Adam and Baby Ashton - Brian, Alysa, Ady

Showing off their face paint
Uncle Kracker














No comments:
Post a Comment